Our instructions are only general guidelines. For your ultimate enjoyment please experiment with the steeping time, water temperature, and the amount of tea leaves.
Basic Green Tea Brewing Instruction
Green Iced Tea Brewing Method
- Measure the desired amount of tea leaves and place into a teapot or teacup. Use 2 - 3 tsp or 2.3g of green tea for every 8oz (1 cup) of water.
- Heat water until steam rises at 180oF (82oC).
- Add enough hot water to submerse the tea leaves and let it sit for a few seconds before pouring out the water. Warming the tea leaves and teaware allow for a better brew.
- Add hot water and let the tea leaves steep for 2 to 3 minutes.
Note: Adding sugar or honey is optional.
- To make iced tea, double the amount of tea leaves recommended on the basic tea brewing instructions.
- Follow the basic green tea brewing instruction to brew the tea.
- Place sugar or honey into a second teapot if desired. Pour the hot tea into the teapot and stir.
- Place ice in cups and pour the hot tea into it.
- Let the tea cool for a few minutes before drinking.
Note: In general, the volume of ice added should equal the volume of water used to brew the tea.