This tea brick is made from green tea. Tea bricks originated from the 9th century in the ancient spice trade routes of the Far East. In an effort to make tea more portable and to take up as little space as possible, tea producers compacted tea into tea bricks for easy travel. Tea bricks became so widely used and accepted that it served as currency during the 19th and 20th century in Tibet, Mongolia, Siberia, and Northern China. In Tibet, tea bricks are used to make fermented yak butter tea. In parts of China, tea bricks are brewed with onion, ginger, and orange. Suggested brewing instructions:
- Place 1 teaspoon of crumbled tea for each cup into the teapot.
- Pour the boiling water into the teapot.
- Cover and let steep for 3-7 minutes according to taste (the longer the steeping time the stronger the tea).
- Optional: add in sugar and milk as desired.
Dimension: 7 1/2" x 4 1/2" x 1". (500g or 1.1LB)
Free shipping with purchase over $60.
• Try our Chinese Tea Sampler. A Great Value!
• Try our Value Specialty Tea Sampler. A Great Value!