Our instructions are only general guidelines. For your ultimate enjoyment please experiment with the steeping time, water temperature, and the amount of tea leaves.
Basic Rooibos Tea Brewing Instruction
Rooibos Milk Tea Brewing Method
- Measure the desired amount of tea leaves and place into a teapot or teacup. Use 1 tsp or 2.3g of tea leaves for every 8oz (1 cup) of water.
- Bring the water to a rolling boil at 212oF (100oC).
- Add enough hot water to submerse the tea leaves and let it sit for a few seconds before pouring out the water. Warming the tea leaves and teaware allow for a better brew.
- Add boiling water and let the tea leaves steep for 3 to 5 minutes.
Note: Adding sugar or honey is optional.
Rooibos Iced Tea Brewing Method
- Place 1 tsp of tea leaves for every 8oz (1 cup) of water.
- Pour boiling water into a teapot or teacup and steep for 5 minutes.
- Add milk and sugar or honey to taste. Alternatively you can brew the tea in hot milk.
Note: We suggest putting more tea leaves for the brew because milk will be added.
Iced Rooibos Tea Brewing Instruction for a Party
- To make iced tea, double the amount of tea leaves recommended on the basic tea brewing instructions.
- Follow the basic rooibos tea brewing instruction to brew the tea.
- Place sugar or honey into a second teapot if desired. Pour the hot tea into the teapot and stir.
- Place ice in cups and pour the hot tea into it.
- Let the tea cool for a few minutes before drinking.
Note: In general, the volume of ice added should equal the volume of water used to brew the tea.
- Place 12 tsp of tea leaves into a teapot or heat resistant pitcher.
- Pour 16 oz (2 cups) of freshly boiled water over the tea leaves and steep for 5 minutes.
- Quarter fill a 2 quart serving pitcher with cold water.
- Pour the tea into your serving pitcher straining the leaves.
- Add ice and top-ff the pitcher with cold water. Garnish and sweeten to taste.